Friday, August 26, 2011

come on, irene

Irene is a comin' according to those sometimes faithful weathermen.
I'm believing them this one time.
We're prepared with flashlights, batteries, water, tons of snacks, and a hotel room about 40 miles west of here.  It's right in the middle of the peninsula so we're hoping to be ok. 
My crazy husband is planning on working tomorrow because they have a gazillion $$ egg project that must go on.  But, the kids and I will go to dryer land tomorrow right when we wake up!
This is our first hurricane adventure and let's hope it has a very happy ending.
When we were headed home yesterday I was telling the kids everything we had to keep us safe. 
Sweet carson said in all seriousness, "Mama, let's go to Mawshall's and buy me a new dwess for the huwacaine."  Hee hee.
Davis is just so excited about packing up his suitcase to stay in a hotel.
Oh, and happy 11 years to my darling husband.
11 reasons i'm so incredibly thankful that he is mine.
1.  the boy loves his family. 
2.  he is a closet boyscout and always is prepared.
3.  he makes me a better person.
4.  just about everything that comes out of his mouth is funny.
5.  he thinks ahead.  unlike my self who lives in the moment.
6.  he wants me to take care of myself.
7.  he always puts his kiddos first.
8.  he loves to travel and see it all when we go places.
9.  very hard worker...even at home.
10.  have the cutest big brown eyes that luckily my son got too!
11.  he has matured, yet still can be a kid.

back off irene, he's mine.

0 comments: