Friday, August 26, 2011

big school, really?

Today was a very exciting day! 
We took Davis to his Open House at Showell Elementary so he could meet his new teacher & friends.  Very strange being in a brand new place and to not know one single person. 
It was really neat, although I was biting my lip trying not to cry.  
When in the world did this little guy get so big? 
And I'm suppose to just leave him here to defend himself?  
Thank goodness his teacher seems great & it's ONLY for three hours.
Yes, grown woman.  YOU can handle this.
Davis loved it.  Well, sortof.  He said it was loud.  It really was!  All PreK-3rd kids there at once was a little overwhelming. 
It gave me a new perspective as a teacher.  Parents trust me.  They drop off their babies for me to love, protect, and nurture while they go on with their day.  Wow.  What a cool job I will have again one day. 
Now it's my turn to trust Mrs. Fisher.  And to pray really really hard. 
Here are some pictures before we left this morning!






 He's ready and he's going to love it.  And I'm gonna get my happy little booty in that school as much as I can!  :) 

1 comments:

Garretts said...

brave boy and brave mama!

can't wait to hear an update on how his first day was!