Thursday, September 15, 2011

my heart this week

Mama's heart feels good this week.  I mean really good.  It's been one of those weeks where I think, "I could do this forever."  (gparents don't panic...i don't mean stay in MD forever).
The kids seemed to mesh well.  The weather was great.  And, for the first time I felt settled and a true part of this community. 
We're starting to have more playdates and run into new friends at the grocery store.  
Davis has decided that he would like for me to drop him off at the sidewalk in the car pick up line.  Yes, I let him do it.  Yes, I cry everyday.  This is a big step for my boy. 
He is becoming so independent.  It's a long sidewalk in front of that big school. 
He doesn't know that I wait until I see him go in the door before I go. 
Carson and her girlfriends are just the sweetest class ever. 
She loves talking about brushing Lilly's hair and playing house with Peyton.
We took some time out at the beach after school one day.
Just the three of us and I did a lot of thinking. 
So cliche' to say, but man this is going by so fast. 
Their feet seem bigger.  Their thougths seem bigger.  And, most important their hearts seem bigger.
I was spending some time alone this week, too.
Browsing the outlet malls and noticed a girl with her first new baby.
She looked so frantic and scared...yet, so in love.
I don't think I was wanting to go back to those days, but it did make me feel like I truly did blink and they were 3 and 5.  I told her I was so proud of her for getting out. 
She was so cute talking about her baby and all the things she did to prepare for her day out. 

Perhaps it was such a good week because we're ending it with a trip HOME! 
To Georgia... where we'll see the ones who we truly love the most. 

Yahooooooo! 

0 comments: