Tuesday, February 7, 2012

the sleepy years

I couldn't think of a better title for today's words.  So, I humbly borrowed this title from my georgia friend, Merideth's, blog.  I'm typing with one eye open because I'm well, sleepy.  
My darling 5 1/2 year old son just likes to come visit me a lot.  Like seven times last night.  
I wish so badly that I could be one of those sweet mamas that rubs their back until they fall asleep. 
I'm not..at all.  I'm actually quite the opposite if you want to know the truth. 
My body & eyes feel like we have a newborn in the house.  It's a phase alright, because I had to pretty much beg *and cry* that he understand the importance of uninterrupted sleep.  
Carson went through this "phase" too...and thankfully has gotten somewhat better.  
I don't know what is going on, but I'm begging for mercy. 
How thankful I am that these are my "problems."  Seriously. 
I feel like a big fat baby for even whining over such silliness.
I also know that when I am dealing with teenage hormones, I'll be begging for these sleepy years.  
Taking gigantic breaths today while remembering this...
awake or asleep....  i do love them so.  

1 comments:

Garretts said...

hoping you'll get some rest soon. jack has ventured out of his bed quite a few times the last two weeks. I have struggled with being the sweet mama or the "go back to bed" nazi. Seven times is a lot. I feel for you, and I hope the phase passes soon for your sweet boy. Have you tried taking away prized toys, etc. or rewarding nights where he stays in bed all night long? jack earns marbles for good behavior at school, reading, practicing letters, etc. and then can cash them in to watch movies, play leapPad, etc. I told him I would take away a marble every time he got up. it has helped.