Wednesday, February 1, 2012

dating already?

Davis had a little buddy over to play today.
While eating their lunch, Landon says, "Davis, should we tell her?"

Davis:  "Um, mom.  I broke up with Cate today.  (insert sweet little grin)
"Buuuut, i really really don't know what that means."

Mom:  "you did WhAT?  Did you break something of hers?  (trying to play dumb)

Davis: "hahaha....noooo mom.  And I don't want to talk about it anymore."  

**Update:  Just now he comes to me and says this...
"mom, cate is not sad.  She is on another team & besides she yells at me a lot.  I don't love her anymore."

I love this innocent stage of "adulthood"!  :)

2 comments:

Lorri said...

No worries! He will soon decide that all girls are gross. :)

Garretts said...

oh, please don't let the "i don't want to talk about it"s start yet!!


we were at a restaurant with my family last Friday when they asked jack if he had a girlfriend. he pretty much assumes any girl that is his friend = girlfriend. also, he has somehow jumbled sister into the mix. so he announces, "kaleigh is my sister & my girlfriend." i said, "okay, but don't say that quite so loudly." :)