Sunday, December 9, 2012

growing up

I found a tiny little sock this morning. 
The foot part of it barely fit in my palm and I was a complete mess. 
Not that I want to go back to those days, but because of how it seems like it was just yesterday.  
I'm going to blink again and they'll be in adult socks.  
I am just loving them at this age.  Their soft features, their tender innocent hearts, and their natural joy that they have about life.  No worries and just sweetness (and of course sibling fights that make me crazy).  
I love watching her color and create.  She is so artistic these days and it's usually how we spend our afternoons while waiting on big brother to come home from school.  
Then she gets tired and wants me to hold her while we read books. 
Oh, and sometimes she likes to get major attitude and slam her bedroom door and tell me how sad I've made her.  But, lucky for her mama those times are becoming more rare.  


 It was his little brown sock that I found this morning.  I remember them so well on his chubby little feet.  
The feet that I used to rub when he cried and cried his first few months of his life.  
Those feet are now running so fast...hard for me to keep up with.  
Those feet are training for his first little fun run this weekend!
He's getting taller, funnier, smarter, and sweeter when i didn't even think that was possible.  
He is loving school, however I miss him so much it's unbelievable.  Sometimes I catch myself just staring at him after school.  Weird, mama.  

 Hello, little Shane. 
And that darn freckle on his ear will be lucky if it survives living in my home.  I stinking love it!  

0 comments: