Sunday, January 29, 2012

sundays

Sundays are hard for me. 
I don't know why, but I tend to get really cranky.
I think it's a homesick day for me. 
I love being up here with my family more than anything, but something about sundays makes me miss home. 
Today, we took off to our favorite winter spot...the boardwalk.
Who am I kidding, we love it down there during all seasons. 
You can't beat .25 cent arcade games and cheap candy!
The kids love going to these fun arcades.  $3.00 takes quite a while to spend! 



So, the real reason we went to the boardwalk and arcade was for my special boy, Davis.  The last time we went, he got enough tickets for this awesome pirate ring.  Well, he wore it to the rodeo last weekend.  While going potty, it slipped off his little finger into the toilet.  He went to grab it and the automatic flusher took it away.... he was so heartbroken.  He was in a locked stall and I couldn't get to him quick enough...just could see his crocodile tears through the crack.  I felt so sad for him.  I love that he treasures everything.  We went back today to win him another one.  However, his heart had been mended so he decided on a different pirate ring this time...one that is super flashy.  He loves it and has promised himself not to wear it to the potty!  hee hee.  
The new treasure....  68 tickets later.  

2 comments:

Nana said...

Love the new ring...and the story. Love Nana

Garretts said...

what a sweetie. worth every ticket!