Wednesday, January 18, 2012

a letter to my kids

davis & carson~ 
I want to tell you about one of mommy's newish friends.  
Her name is Katharine...with that silly little a in there that makes her unique. 
She is a true southern girl.  She befriended me on the soccer fields back in 2009 when we lived in Maryland the first time.  
We had an instant connection because of our southern roots (& charm, right??).
She is really like mommy's long lost cousin.    
We laugh A LOT and she really likes to pick on mommy and one time about the blog that I write for you guys.  
You know, you hurt the ones you love the most, right?
You see, I told her that most of our days at home ARE awesome.  I do LOVE teaching you and being crafty and snuggling with you.  Then there are days that....... well, just don't need to be posted on the blog.  Those are the "memories" that we can hopefully forget about one day.  
I assured my dear friend that we do have not-so-rosey days, but that's when she will get an ear full and not a blog full.  :)  We keep this place for happy thoughts (mostly!) 
Anyhoo, we are so lucky to have Katharine's family in our lives.  She is truly an awesome friend and has introduced me to an entire set of great ladies. She is absolutely hysterical and truly one of the kindest people I've ever met. 
You guys love Cooper & Colby and look forward to many many fun times together.  
So very thankful for my friend Katharine.  

Love, 
Mama
P.S.  don't you dare tell her the truth about me raising my voice, or making you clean your rooms, or me.......it's all good sweet kiddos.  


1 comments:

Garretts said...

kudos to katharine. having found a long lost cousin right there in MD must be a real treat!! love seeing those smiling faces.